The Grand Palace is an ancient complex of impressive buildings in the heart of Bangkok, Thailand. When you visit the prasat, you will be enthralled by a new Thai experience while in the city. The Grand Palace and the temple inside it was the headquarters of the royals of Thailand before they moved to a more modern edifice nearby.
Within the grand palace complex of The Grand Palace are buildings that includes the Wat Phra Kaew or the Temple of the Emerald Buddha. Wat Phra Kaew became the royal chapel in 1784. This was two years after King Rama I moved the capital across the Chao Phraya River to the site of present-day Bangkok, Thailand. Wat Phra Kaew is considered the most sacred Buddhist temple in Bangkok and in the country. It was constructed under the orders of Rama I. Rama I was the first king of the Chakri Dynasty. Today, Wat Phra Kaew continues to serve as the site of Buddhist religious rites in Bangkok undertaken by the royal family and the present king, Rama X.
Just like the other grand palaces in Bangkok, the Grand Palace has a similar layout. The Outer Court is located near the entrance. This is where you can visit house government departments where the King is directly involved. Wat Phra Kaew or the Temple of the Emerald Buddha is situated in one corner of the outer court.
The Central Court is where you can find the throne halls for state business. The Central Court is also where the residence of the King is. Today, one of the two throne halls are open to the public. Nonetheless, you can still enjoy the exquisite details of the throne area and throne halls in the court.
The Inner Court is where the King’s royal consort and daughters lived. It is like a private small city that is entirely populated by a group of women and boys that are under the age of puberty.
Today, the Grand Palace in Bangkok, Thailand remains the top and a center of ceremony and of the monarchy. It also serves as one of the top tourist attractions and museums in Bangkok near hotels. During the year, it is open to visitors to tour the palace. When you are traveling to Bangkok, Thailand, visiting the Grand Palace is a must as it is one of the top attractions in the city that shows the Thai culture and history. Best of all, Thai food is available near the vicinity.
Important notes when you visit the Grand Palace in Bangkok
- Visiting this tourist destination in Bangkok can be done on a day trip. You can join a private hotel group tour or visit there on your own. It is easily accessible from hotels through local transportation, tuk tuk.
- During the day, the tickets are sold from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Bangkok is a big city that will offer many experience, like a private hotel group trip or food experience. Make sure to leave your hotels early so you will enjoy Bangkok.
- Make sure to be properly dressed on this trip before leaving your hotel. There is a strict dress code that needs to adhere to the Prasat.
- Just ask the tuk tuk driver where the prasat is and they can guide you to it.